Package name change

I know this has been asked before, but given all of the recent changes in procedures I thought I should ask again. What is the appropriate procedure for dealing with package name changes? I think there's something in the wiki about labeling the old CVS as dead, but what about the procedure for creating a new CVS?

Quentin