Fedora User Management (revisited)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 6 18:42:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 03:45:31PM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > We've been discussing Fedora User Management in EPEL.
>
> Won't work. 'rpm' in RHEL is too old and misses features required by
> fedora-usermgmt.

what exactly does this tool solve? Especially if this defaults to
normal useradd -r behaviour (does it really default to this
behaviour?), which means that it is not really *required*.

If it tries to solve the need for *fixed* system uid/gid then we need
to find another solution than a flaotion uid/gid window. If it tried
to solve *random* system uid/gid allocation then what's better than
useradd -r?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net