Packaging Draft for Emacs add-on packages

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:22:29 UTC 2007

On 07/05/07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 12:27 +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have created a draft Packaging Guide for Emacs add-on packages here:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EmacsenAddOns
> >
> > Any comments or suggestions greatfully received. There are a couple of
> > spec file templates included which I hope will be useful.
> >
> > I'd like to get this added to the packaging notes fairly soon -
> > presumably this requires FESCO ratification?
>
> Actually, it needs to go to the Packaging Committee.

Well, I think it's too verbose and specific to be part of the
packaging guidelines, which are more general in their nature. The
point of this document was to outline "Good Practice" and lower the
intertial barrier to building add-on packages for Emacs. So I'm not
sure where it's best put, and whether it needs to go via Packaging
committee approval or not.

There seems to be quite a lot of information gathered under
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging that isn't easily accessed but
seems really useful.

Jonathan