major change release management for former Extras packages?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 7 21:59:06 UTC 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 17:45:41 Ville Skyttä wrote:
> So now my understanding is that dist-f7 is not the above, but rather kind
> of a queue for builds possibly to be included in F7 later based on some
> criteria, primarily if the maintainer asks and rel-eng approves.  I think I
> wouldn't have been nearly that confused if dist-f7 would have been called
> eg. f7-queue, f7-candidate, f7-pending or something along those lines.

I think your right, it's difficult to introduce these tags/concepts in the
middle of a freeze.

Had we done this a while back, things would have made sense.  dist-fc7 is
where things are landing, headed toward Fedora 7 release.  f7-final is a new
tag that got created at the freeze point to start tracking all the stuff
that's approved for final, dist-fc7 is just where things continue to land.
Confusing, I know :/

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora