Re: Post-merge howto and FAQ

Hiyas,

as far as I understand the new process, there should be a big fat warning
given to Extras maintainers not to update their FE 6 and 5 packages (except
for adding an integer after the dist-tag) before the release team allowed an
update for F7. Otherwise the upgrade path will be broken. Or am I wrong?

Example:

currently in FE6 is fatsort-0.9.7-1.fc6
in F7 fatsort is locket to 0.9.7-1.fc7

So when I update fatsort in FE6 to fatsort-0.9.7.1-1.fc6 it cannot upgrade in
F7. Or are FE6 builds now also locked down?

Regards,
Till