EPEL status Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070510) FESCO meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu May 10 16:00:56 UTC 2007

Brian Pepple schrieb:
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- EPEL Reporting -
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-April/msg00713.html

My suggestion for this topic can be found at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-May/msg00067.html

> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- EPEL?

Summary from last weeks meeting:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-May/msg00010.html

Happenings during the past week:

* Axel steps down from epel; see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-May/msg00019.html
The Steering Committee will look for a successor.

* Rebuild for RHEL5 finished; I'll send a "Fedora contributors, if you
want to build for EPEL start now mail" with a FAQ over the next few days
to this list, as some contributors are waiting for such a mail. But the
repo is open for building already, so if Fedora Contributors want to
start they are free to do so. But I'll put some more infos into my mail to

* I still would like to have some feedback (not more for now) from FESCo
members regarding the repotag issue (see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-April/msg01232.html
); we discussed it yesterday again in the EPEL Steering Committee
meeting, but are still evaluating what to do; looks like some people
consider to continue as planed -- e.g. go without them.

 What do FESCo members think about this topic? FESCo itself voted months
ago to go without repotags.

CU
thl