Re: Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Jesse Keating wrote:
We're planning on entering "Deep Freeze" this Thursday. From that point on we'll only be accepting build tag requests for builds that are fixing release blockers. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria for current release criteria.

At this time we will also be branching CVS for F-7. Builds from the devel/ branch will be given the dist-f8 tag and held until rawhide starts composing from dist-f8 (all dist-fc7 builds will be inherited by dist-f8 as well). Builds from the F-7/ branch will be given the dist-fc7-updates-candidate tag and can either wait for bodhi (the update tool) to become available to request as an update to Fedora 7, or if it is a release blocker be tagged with f7-final (after emailing rel-eng fedoraproject org)

What will be the procedure for the always existing trickle of new packages during the deep freeze?

And what will be the procedure for new packages once F7 is released?

Regards,

Hans