Re: Broken upgrade paths in F7

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 19:21 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> I've suggested that releases should branch from devel before they
> actually release.  It hasn't been implemented.  I'm not sure why.

Because (as the discussion showed :-), that has other downsides.
Really, we need an easy way for maintainers to do branching themselves
so that the branching can be done at the most suitable point on a
package by package basis.  If you're interested in helping with the
infrastructure side of this, we'd love to have some help on that front.

Jeremy