Broken upgrade paths in F7

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue May 15 14:58:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 08:43:53AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Now I can understand that it is 1) different, 2) more burden than the
> old process, and 3) perhaps confusing.  If you're confused about
> something, ask some questions.  I'd be happy to answer them.
>
> As for the additional burden, it's really only present during the Freeze
> time, which happens to be now.  I honestly believe this is a good thing
> in the long run.

I think that there should be something done for the freeze and releases,
but I am not happy with the current state, because it adds burden
without real gain. It seems to me that the contributors should tag
themselves what they think belongs to the release, and release engineer
should only veto things they find unwise and/or ask on fedora-devel or
fedora-maintainers for clarifications for packages they'd like to veto.

How many tag to the release were rejected?

--
Pat