Broken upgrade paths in F7

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue May 15 15:48:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007 08:43:53 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

[Ralf]
> > When will you understand that I did apply the same procedures as with
> > all Fedora releases before - You report actually points out regressions
> > koji imposes on community maintainers.
>
> We've been over this before Ralf.  Things change.  It's not a
> regression, it's a change in workflow.

The change in workflow causes regression.

> If you were to do so, that would be quite sad.  It takes a simple email
> to get these packages into f7-final and thus far you are the only person
> to publicly refuse to do so.  To lose a valued contributor over the
> matter of an email would be sad indeed.

You don't know that yet. Many other contributors have not even used koji
yet. Others don't know that FC <= 4 is EOL. Others have done "make built"
without asking for a tag. You guess that they don't want the tag. But it
is likely they just don't know about the extra burden yet.