Re: Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Hans de Goede wrote:

If the fix is more invasive, then using updates-testing is fine ofcourse, but for important, simple (obviously correct) fixes, I would like to be able to skip updates-testing.

Even "obviously correct" fixes have caused major regressions. Your packages would reach updates after sitting in updates-testing for a small amount of time. What's wrong with it?

The only exception I can see is critical security fixes where the update has *only the fix*.

Rahul