Broken upgrade paths in F7

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue May 15 19:33:23 UTC 2007

> Josh Boyer wrote:
>   At worst,
> > someone from rel-eng can do it with a bit of proper research.  I am
> > prepared to do that as it seems to be the only way to solve this at the
> > moment.
>
> So you are going to work around the maintainer if needed.

Only because Ralf explicitly said he feels it's rel-eng's responsibility
to fix it.  I don't agree with that statement at all, but had he not
said that I wouldn't touch the packages.

> That's what I
> wanted to know. Thanks.

You're still going to hold the general policy discussion though,
correct?  Since that is indeed something that needs to be done in the
long run.  Or was all your posturing about that simply to get me to fix
the current situation?

josh