Re: Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 22:48 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> I am not saying that. Not at all. I am saying that it should be up to
> the maintainer to decide whether it is better for the users to fill
> annoucements or work on another thing.
>
> And not only, most maintainers are benevolent so if somebody wants
> to make announcements when another maintainer doesn't want it could
> be possible, but once again not mandatory for the primary maintainer.
> Of course for security fixes and things like that the maintainer
> could be obliged to do an announcement, but if he is already
> packaging for fedora he will do it without being forced.

I think it is a bit silly to claim some "maintainer privilege" for this
(which is actually a very important part of ensuring a good update
experience for users), when we are at the same time force packagers
to justify every comma they may have misplaced in a spec file during
package reviews (which has very little bearing on the user experience).

There is some incongruence here.