Offering packages for co-maintenance or adoption

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 16 13:20:42 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 09:17:22 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure
>
> Thanks for link, but I regret having to say so, the procedure outlined
> there is such kind of time-consuming that it is hardly applicable for
> ca. 30 packages.

This is the current procedure due to having owners.list drive the ACLs within
our packaging SCM.  The eventual gameplan here is to have packageDB manage
this and allow users to simply make requests within the PackageDB and
maintainers approve/disapprove said requests.  This is a temporary pain
point.  Please bear with us as we grow as a distribution and as a community.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora