packages that could need ExclusiveArch updated

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri May 18 01:25:40 UTC 2007

Dennis Gilmore (dennis at ausil.us) said:
> > The following packages have ExcludeArch: ppc, but not ExcludeArch: ppc64.
> > This may need adjusted if they want to build in the future:
> >
> > 915resolution
> > alsa-tools
> > glest
> > gnome-applet-sensors
> > google-perftools
> > mono-debugger
> > stripesnoop
> > xeuphoric
> > xfce4-sensors-plugin
>
> I'd much rather see these use ExclusiveArch: x86_64 %{ix86}  so they dont have
> issues for people building on other  archs.  im assuming the reason ppc is
> excluded is due to endianess issues

Looking at the list:

- *sensors* is 'whatever arches lm-sensors exists on' - probably x86_64 %{ix86}
- ditto for 915resolution
- mono-debugger presumably is supposed to match arches mono is available for.
  Theoretically, it should be building on ppc.

The others I'm not sure why they exclude ppc.

Bill