Re: Broken upgrade paths in F7

On Friday 18 May 2007 09:40:06 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > There is a README in the package, not great, but a start.
> May-be helpful when being familiar with koji, but right now, what's
> really urgently missing is a "Getting started with koji and Fedora"
> and "Getting started with koji for plague users".

A couple wiki pages were posted for FAQ like things, which is a great
opportunity for you to ask the questions you need answered so that we can
document it.

> Also, IMO, --nowait should be made default. Not using it is really
> nagging (I only knew about it, because somebody else already had
> complained and you had mentioned it some time last week).

The reason it isn't made default is that there is no converse of it,
IE --wait.  So by making it not default it gives users the opportunity to
either use it if they like, or add a --nowait flag to disable it.  One can't
have it disabled by default and force a way to have it actually wait.

> > > perl-modules built flawlessly in a local fc7-mock ("make mock"), but
> > > failed in koji ("make build").
> >
> > That's not helpful. You have logs,
> No, because koji doesn't email build results (another regression in
> comparison to plague - These emails are very useful because they can be
> archived.).

Hrm, Koji emails the owner of the package being built by default.  It goes to
<username>@fedoraproject.org.  Are you not getting mail sent to the address
you have configured in your Fedora Account ?

> This is the koji entry documenting the breakdown
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=6550
> A "make mock" in "devel" on FC6 issued ca. 10-20 mins before the
> breakdown (with the exact sources as above) did not exhibit anything.
> >  why don't they build right?
> The origin was a missing "BR: perl(..." (fixed in *-2), an oversight on
> my part mine, I didn't notice in advance, because "make mock" did
> exhibit the issue.
> The only explanation I have is an inconsistency between "koji's repo"
> and "rawhide" probably related to the perl package.

Yes, that can happen.  Builds happen during the day which alter the buildroot
and drift from the previous night's rawhide.

Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora