Deep Freeze coming for Fedora 7 (and cvs branching coming too)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun May 20 22:51:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 08:33:21AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> I repeatedly answered to your concerns.

No, never.

> To reiterate:
> * I don't see any technical reason for inclusion of any static library
> in a distribution. Your primary argument "numerical programs" is a
> non-argument - You simply are in error.

This was not the conclusion of the thread started here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-November/msg00713.html

> * Exceptions from this are not FPC's business, but are a
> political/management issue, which should be decided by a management
> entity. The guidelines reflect this notion by forcing packages to
> redirect such decisions to FESCo.

They are definitely not political issues, they may be management issues.
Anyway I prefer what seems to be agreed more generally about what to do
in case of guidelines violations started in another thread.

--
Pat