Re: ppc64 packages that did not build for dist-fc7

On Thu, 24 May 2007 22:28:38 +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:

> > http://people.redhat.com/notting/ppc64-rebuild/gnu-smalltalk-2.3.3-5.fc7/
> >

> The only thing, I have found in the log file was the line
>
> cpio: snprintfv/snprintfv/stream.in: No such file or directory
> 4615 blocks

That is just part of the debuginfo package generation. Look further below
where the following script is run to examine the buildroot contents:

> + /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
> Binary file /var/tmp/gnu-smalltalk-2.3.3-root-mockbuild/usr/lib64/gnu-smalltalk/gst.im matches
> Found '/var/tmp/gnu-smalltalk-2.3.3-root-mockbuild' in installed files; aborting

It seems, check-buildroot is not enabled consistently for all build
targets. But where it is enabled and reports an error, the problem ought
to be examined, because buildroot paths must not enter files in the
package.