final kernel biult

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 25 03:00:19 UTC 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007 22:54:11 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Well, to be blunt, we were asked to notify people over a week ago, and we
> said that we should have time to allow for it.

I know it sucks, but we didn't know until this afternoon that this was going
to be the final kernel.  There is one waiting in the wings if we have to slip
for any reason.  Without denying any kernel update for a full day or more
before we spin the final tree I don't see a way around this.  I don't know if
I can justify slipping the Fedora 7 release to pick up some kernel module
builds that are going to be obsoleted by 0-day kernel updates anyway.  Kernel
modules aren't on the media or LiveCD anyway.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora