keeping spare-time-contributors happy

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Sep 2 18:25:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 20:18:51 +0200
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> Erm, isn't the repoclosure script capable of checking acros miltiple
> repos? Then it would simply be a matter of building a small temp repo
> of proposed updates and then run repo closure on release + updates +
> proposed updates. Then we don't have to generate / compose the set. I
> imagine repoclusure itself will take quite a while too, but this way
> atleast things are easier.

Except you have to figure out what if your proposed updates need to be
multilib, and you can't just rely upon what was multilib before as it's
all dependency based and your new updates may change some of those
dependencies.  So you have to do a full compose with the new proposed
updates, make them multilib, and then depsolve.

> Another solution would be a chroot with an install everything install
> and run yum update in there with the proposed updates repo enabled,
> then one can automatically test for problems in a quite quick way.

You still have the problem of generating which of your newly proposed
updates need to be multilib, and that requires depsolving across the
entire set.

--
Jesse Keating