keeping spare-time-contributors happy

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Sep 3 18:21:55 UTC 2007

On 03.09.2007 16:40, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> IOW: if the professional part and their people that were responsible for
>> putting the boring paperwork in place should have an open ear and react
>> quickly to comments like "you made the workflow harder" or "I'm not as
>> effective as before" to keep the spare-time-contributors happy, as they
>> are doing some good work as well -- thus the professional part should
>> not risk to loose or burn them.
>
> This distinction is false. Luke worked on Bodhi voluntarily too. Very
> few people are working on Fedora full time.

I beg to differ -- Luke is not *responsible* for putting that boring
paperwork put in place, so it's IMHO not his fault. Those that wanted
bodhi are either paid for working on Fedora or members of FESCo afaics
(and those people did not give Luke much time to realize bodhi, so it's
would be even less his fault if it was his fault).

CU
knurd