EPEL report week 35 2007

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Sep 5 08:49:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 07:32:09 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> === Summary ===
>
>  * easier pushing from testing to stable
>
>   * nirik can push for EPEL as well (in addition to dgilmore, knurd and
> mmcgrath)
>
>   * mschwendt did some improvements to the scripts (many thx mschwendt
> for your work!); they should make it easy to move something from testing
> to stable ; the final patch to the scripts-in-production was not applied
> yet ; knurd talked to dgilmore about it (he knows the scripts way better
> than I do) and wants to take a look (on his todo list after fixing
> plague );  if he doesn't find the time knurd will take the risk over the
> next few days as do it himself

Clarification:

What is called "the final patch" here is just a patch against the
EPEL-specific config file, in which to define the two "testing/4" and
"testing/5" repositories. The small code modifications are used in
production, i.e. Extras pushes with the same code since the same day I
committed the changes (except that it doesn't push to testing at all).
With the modified config file, the scripts can push to testing without
losing track of the stable "4" and "5" repos.

[Previously, the EPEL config file only defined the stable repos 4 and
5, but placed them in the "testing" dir, hiding the real stable
repos. If to access the stable repos (e.g. with repobuild after
deleting packages or moving packages from testing), it would have
needed a second config file, where the paths don't point to the
testing dir.]