Introducing myself

Craig A. Adams craigaa at karg.co.za
Fri Aug 6 06:27:21 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Having bugged Colin for some time about the formation of a Fedora
marketing project and he eventually relented and told me that this
project was in the startup phase.

Like Colin, I am considerably involved in the OpenOffice.org marketing
project, and various other factors of OOo. Unlike Colin, I am not a
capable or proficient developer.

I do know that I can contribute a lot to the marketing project and am
willing to take on a degree of responsibility and place a degree of
effort in this regard.

I am based in Durban, South Africa and currently represent OOo in the
Southern African region, I am also a stealth member of the Mozilla
marketing project (a little more openness and inclusiveness is needed
there).

You can consider me a FLOSS advocate with my activities ranging from
speaking at conferences, taking part in discussion panels and even
participating in GOSAC.

The current project which is consuming most of my time, is the formation
of Digital Coast (www.digitalcoast.org.za), but the level of direct
activity here should begin to diminish after the launch on 17 August.

Kindest Regards

Craig A. Adams