How about the support of FC for laptop?

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Sun Oct 31 18:47:32 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 09:16 -0800, Park Lee wrote:
> Hi,
> Would you please tell me How about the support of Fedora Core for
> notebook PC(aka laptop)? and what kinds of notebook PC can be
> supported by Fedora Core (such as FC2, FC3) ?

if you are about to buy a notebook... the key issue in my experience is
the video chipset. In my experience the intel video based laptops work
well, while nvidia/ati are more cumbersome (even with the binary
drivers), however the gaming performance will be lower than with
nvidia/ati.

Other than that.... make sure you buy a laptop with speedstep or
similar, the battery life and heat production matter a lot.

oh and google before buying for the model and linux, quite often others
wrote about their experiences (and once you get yours, write your own
page :-)