Re: Someone's missing the point...it's us.

On 8/11/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram redhat com> wrote:
> (Mailings) Patrick Lambooy wrote:
>
> > I dont think dropping the fedora.redhat.com is a good id.
> > Same ID as killing you parents.
>
> Dont over dramatise it. I dont see a purpose being served by two websites

Many people know of and have probably linked to fedora.redhat.com
and/or www.redhat.com/fedora. There's really no harm in having
multiple routes to one main site at fedoraproject.org, confusion steps
in when you have multiple parallel (and out of sync) end destinations.
I don't see f.r.c or w.r.c/f as destinations going forward so much as
landing ramps that guide folks to the right spot.

At least temporarily, it makes sense to have an abstract about Fedora
and links to the main project page from those pages before setting up
a redirect or killing the URL. Meanwhile pointing folks to the main
site in all new communications. Stats will show when f.r.c is getting
no more hits.

--jeremy