Re: Someone's missing the point...it's us.

Hi

"Home desktops that you maintain for other people" is definitely another
common use case.  Personally I feel that Fedora is currently less suited
to this than some other distros.  For example, the quantity of updates
is problematic for systems with dial-up connections.

We cant really reduce the number of updates without changing the design of the project. The previous method of backporting has been replaced with the goal of sticking close to upstream versions as much as possible. What can possibly be done is to mark every update with a grade from say 1 to 5 and have the updater use a higher number for users who only want the very criticial updates

Any other ideas?

regards