Re: Linux User Groups

HI

In an ideal world, I would have wished for the following:

[1] A portal/wiki/forum for LUGs to be listed (with at least 2 contacts
per LUG)

[2] Small info kit which could be distributed at LUG meets which happen
at Universities/Schools/Community Centers and the like

[3] *101 things you did not know about Fedora* - a small piece about the
project and more importantly *Fedora Core - The Distribution*

[4] Figure out a way to *sell* Fedora goodies

[5] Have Fedora spokesperson at LUGs. This person interacts on a regular
basis with the development of the project and is in a position to talk
about the cool things that make FC nice

[6] Have dedicated BugSquad members from the LUGs

--------
Lets start a wiki for LUG's then.

I personally find things like Fedora Extras repository a important enhancement for the platform as well as a show case for community contributions and would like to see a overview of Fedora also look into other things besides core but on the whole I think the idea of a info kit for Fedora well worth exploring. Is anyone from the docs team willing to look at this?. We got a whole lot of people lurking in there

regards Rahul

Ps: CC'ing docs list for comments