Meeting

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Aug 17 08:50:39 UTC 2005

Alex Maier wrote:

>Sorry, can't make it--will be on the plane to Raleigh.
>
>Please add FUDCon to the agenda:
>a) discuss the preliminary schedule I sent to Colin and Greg;
>b) get more speakers, as so far our schedule is inthe minimal
>configuration, and we can easily fit in two or even four more talks.
>
>Thanks,
>
>On 8/17/05, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc.w at smlintl.com.au> wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 11:14 +1000, Colin Charles wrote:
>>

>>>Same time as usual, #fedora-mktg on freenode
>>>
>>>THURSDAY AUGUST 18, 15:00 UTC
>>>THURSDAY AUGUST 18, 11:00 Eastern US
>>>THURSDAY AUGUST 18, 08:00 Western US
>>>FRIDAY AUGUST 19, 01:00 Melbourne (UTC+10)
>>>
>>>See you all then

>>Thats 11pm Friday for me.  I'm UTC+8 woot go Perth.  My eyeballs will
>>still be in place :)
>>
>>I usually don't go to bed until 11 so I'll stay up that little bit
>>longer.  I would like to discuss the mentors for obvious reasons.  I
>>have been doing research on the debian-mentors list in the mean
>>time. :)
>>
>>Regards,
>>

>>Marc
>>
>>--

A few thoughts on the agenda:

1. Certainly agree about discussing mentors, seems to be catching a lot
of interest.
2. With LinuxWorld out of the way, it is time to start really pulling
London together, lets fill those tracks with speakers.
3. Right along with the mentors, talk about LUGs is drawing attention.
Lets set a direction for our efforts there.
4. Maybe it's just me, but we don't seem to be very well liked by the
press.  I'd like to take a few minutes to talk about maybe proactively
working with the press.  This is something we need to turn around
quickly, or it will hurt us badly in the long run.

Aside from that, I'd love to hear updates about a few other things (not
necessarily in the meeting):

1. Where do we stand on the logo?  What kind of a timeframe are we
looking at before we have something usable?
2. There's plenty of interest in the Fedora treats/swag/gear.  When are
we going to start seeing stuff?
3. Although I think it may be influenced by the logo, what about the
slogan?  There hasn't been as much said about it as the logo.  I think
following the release of the logo with a simple contest for the slogan
would be great.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com