Fedora Branding

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Aug 19 14:23:15 UTC 2005

Jeremy Hogan wrote:
> On 8/19/05, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>know of anything out there thats not php based?  I'm pretty sure a php
>>based solution isn't going to be acceptable to the current admin of
>>the fedoraproject hardware whose initials are seth vidal.
>

> I've never used it but there's:
> http://pygallery.sourceforge.net/
>
> Or we could do something like create a Flickr account and publish the
> rss feed to fp.org.

For such a gallery to be really useful it should have some features like
user submissions, ratings, comments, sort and search, otherwise  for a
static one we can just use the Wiki.
And I'm afraid is hard to find something like this which is not made
with php.

The extreme solution would be to create a new gallery software (no, I
don't volunteer for that) in whatever language is desired, this is not
easy but has the advantage that it can act as a web interface for the
proposed Background Channels
(http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/blog/GNOME/background_channels)

--
nicu