Re: Fedora Branding

Jeremy Hogan wrote:
On 8/19/05, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:

know of anything out there thats not php based?  I'm pretty sure a php
based solution isn't going to be acceptable to the current admin of
the fedoraproject hardware whose initials are seth vidal.

I've never used it but there's:
http://pygallery.sourceforge.net/

Or we could do something like create a Flickr account and publish the
rss feed to fp.org.

For such a gallery to be really useful it should have some features like user submissions, ratings, comments, sort and search, otherwise for a static one we can just use the Wiki.
And I'm afraid is hard to find something like this which is not made with php.

The extreme solution would be to create a new gallery software (no, I don't volunteer for that) in whatever language is desired, this is not easy but has the advantage that it can act as a web interface for the proposed Background Channels (http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/blog/GNOME/background_channels)

--
nicu