Logo -- let's move on ... the legal loophole of "Fedora(TM)" for Red Hat

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 02:46:12 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 08:05 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>Avoid claiming things like that unless you have the legal knowledge
>>about this.
>>

>Dude, I'm brining up a very, very valid reason on why the name itself is
>going to be a reason.  You can try to silence me on the hat issue, but
>the name itself is a serious loophole from a legal standpoint.

Unless you are a lawyer and  have a great amount of knowledge about
trademarks, you are trying to second guess a professional legal team who
are much more concerned about such issues from a business point of view.
This is not a mailing list for legal discussions. Kindly take it elsewhere

regards
Rahul