Re: Who's the Fedora user?

Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
> 3) Laws change so that open source developers and vendors
> can provide technical solutions without risk of lawsuits
due
> to concerns such as software patents.  When I run for US
> senate, I expect everyone in this community to be
> donating to my campaign.

As long as you are promoting "open standards."  I'm a huge
proponent in mandating "open standards."

I'm also a huge proponent of "open source."  But I would
never mandate "open source."

I think if you mandate "open standards," open source stands
quite well on its own.  And if it doesn't, then that's a
problem with the open source and no regulation is going to
fix that.

mailto:b j smith ieee org     |  (please excuse any