Who's the Fedora user?

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Wed Aug 24 22:03:48 UTC 2005

> On 8/24/05, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Since so much effort is going into
> > actually building Fedora specific packages in Extras..I'd rather
> > notify Fedora users of that first and foremost.
>
> And.. while I'm thinking about it.. there is a second-order effect PR
> win here.  An in-distro tool that users can use to watch "interesting"
> additions to Extras gives an easy way for users to watch and be
> excited about the growth of technology IN Fedora. Small reminders to
> people..people like reviewers who sit and play with Fedora on their
> workstation and desktop that this is an active, growing community of
> contributors.

RSS ?

Fedora already includes custom bookmarks with Firefox, so adding a "live
bookmark" would be fairly trivial I guess.

We also have fedora-announce as a constantly updating source of content
(of interest to tech news junkies at least).

FedoraNews is great, and provides an RSS feed as well, although I don't
know if it's OK for linking.

May or may not be good ideas - I'm just trying to think of low-effort
ways this could be done...

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA