Re: Linux format review: Fedora Core 4

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:

This argument is valid. Dial-up users does not download isos over their dial-up connection, they either 1) download at other place (at work, a friend), 2) borrow and copy the discs or 3) wait (in my country like 3 or 4 months after a release) for a computer magazine to come out with the discs included. So for them the content of the install set is very important.

1) and 2) can be done for individual packages too. In fact for both these cases, downloading what they want instead of whole ISO images makes a lot more sense

I an not on dial-up at home, only on a slow neighborhood LAN, but I did such crazy things like fully updating my work computer and going home with the complete content of /var/cache/yum/ on CDRW, but is not very convenient.

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats