Another FC4 review

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 13:43:46 UTC 2005

Hi

http://tuxtops.com/?q=node/231

A fair number of the valid criticisms  include perceived slowness of
native Eclipse (related to GCJ?) and bugs  , system-config-packages ,
more visibility for NetworkManager, no automount of FAT partitions,
up2date applet bug

Improvements planned for the next release  address nearly all of the
above concerns :  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5Future.

MP3 and NTFS amoung others isnt included for legal reasons  :  Check
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems. Incidentally will the
Fedora Foundation change the liability for any of these is a question
that comes up pretty often. I guess not but we should run this through
legal and getting a more official statement for future FF related
announcements

Things to check up: Synpatics laptop application for tweaking it and try
to look at setting it up the right way by default if that isnt already
happening. I would appreciate more details on whats the status of this
if any of the people in this list is using this. Would also be nice to
respond to this review in detail. Interested?

regards
Rahul