Logos: everybody wants one but nobody seems to have any constructive comments. (was Re: Cool Fedora schwag idea)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:10:10 UTC 2005

On 7/1/05, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> With the puppy, if you can see the saliva-stream, maybe sometimes he can
> be chewing on a piece of rawhide.
>
> Probably bleeding a little bit at the gums, too.

a puppy, with a sailboat graphic on his dog collar, with a puppy on
board, with a sailboat graphic on his dog collar, with a puppy on
board, with a sailboat graphic.....

I'm not really sure you want to try to make the "F" with a shadow or
rely on any lighting affects at all.  Depending on the context you
might need to re-light the boat for some specific reason.  And while a
shadow might look reasonable okay on a white background of a page.. it
might not be such a great thing to rely on in other contexts... like
embroidered items or in small metal trinkets or pins if we go that way
for the recognition awards.

A fast moving boat seems like reasonably appropriate imagery, and i
think it can be created in both high detail graphic style as well as
conservative abstract form when a stencilish approach is needed while
still being recognizable as the same graphic.

The puppy is good with mid to high graphics detail, I'm not sure how
the puppy would look in a more stencil-like or outline approach.

-jef"isn't going to share the image for the development tree of a
puppy hanging half out of a manual meat grinder with the tag line
'Fedora Devlopment, dog-food for the soul' "spaleta