Getting down to business

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Jun 9 05:44:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 15:36 -0700, Colin Charles wrote:
> FWIW, Red Hat / FUDCon organisers *need* to have DV Cams lying
> around/available for use. Really. And that's only the start of the
> problem. Disk space, beefy machines, do you want to broadcast, etc.
> all
> come into play. Last time we had Pogo give us machines... Jesse has
> since left, and next time we ain't going to be so lucky

Just because I left doesn't mean I don't still have a good relationship
with the company.  The company founders continue to ask me how they can
be more involved in the community.  While I was there, I told them by
sending me out as a representative of the company to participate in
things like FUDCon and whatnot.  They still have an interest, especially
if these FUDCons become more documented and followed.  Having Pogo Linux
as a corporate sponsor along with Red Hat would be pretty good return on
the loan of a PC or two.

I can still approach Pogo about lending systems, OR to give us a great
price break on some used equipment that could easily become permanent
Fedora Marketing Systems for use in such things as FUDCons and whatever
other show a volunteer might want to promote Fedora at.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: