Getting down to business

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 9 21:47:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 17:47 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> As for hardware sponsorship, Penguin Computing is local(ish) and their
> default preload right now is FC3.
>
> I don't personally know if I know anyone there, but we can always knock
> on the door.

I do. I know Sam Ockman, one of the founders, I can always ask him.
Also despite Jesse leaving, we have forged a good relationship with pogo
and should and will continue to work with them.  They are good guys and
always like to help, Jesse or not.

> If we want to 'netcast, there is plenty of expertise in the Bay Area.
> The key is finding someone who will sponsor for a banner on the FUDCon
> page.

We have already had tremendous success using flumotion from fluendo whom
Thomas Van Der Stichele works for.  It is great to use and also does
everything natively in ogg/theora which is a huge plus.

> /me notes fudcon.org and fudcon.com got snagged on 13 Jan of this year

We know.  They asked us if we wanted to sign an agreement to get it from
them, part of some open domain thing.  We declined due to RH Legal's
dislike of the idea which looks like was the right thing.  For now I
suggest we continue to use fudcon.fp.o and do the same when the
foundation is up and running.  Although, at that point, we might need to
change the fudcon name.

JAck