FUDCONIII Preliminary Planning WAS [Re: Fedora Booth and BOF instead of FUDCon3 for SF?]

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 16 18:44:12 UTC 2005

> Seems that with FUDCon2 being just before, and budgets being rather
> flat, and Aug being bad for universities, should we scrap the idea of
> FUDCon3, and instead focus on the Fedora Booth for LWCE and a BOF?  We
> can still do some presentations IN the Fedora booth, with limited
> attendees (:

Well, here is what I've been working on.  Ok, so budgets are indeed
tight mainly because Fudcon2 and FudconIII would be in the same fiscal
quarter.  That seems to be the main blocker right now.  I put out that
request for places on fedorapeople and got back someone from berkeley
about possibly doing it there.

However, this is what I was thinking.  A little company named Google is
not that far from SF and would be willing to let us have FUDCon there.
So, I say we see what they have to offer, with budget being thin and
all, and figure out what we can put together.  Also, maybe we could get
some sort of shuttle service from the bay area to google.

I'll update you as soon as I hear back.

Thanks,
Jack