Attention / Interest / Desire / Action, getfedora.org, or why marketing 'the Fedora project' is a bad idea.

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sun Jun 19 02:46:24 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 22:25 +1000, Mike MacCana wrote:
> >Based on the questions I get from folks about how to contribute, I'm
> >fairly certain you're very wrong.
> >
> Really? You think more people want to contribute to Fedora than to use
> it?

Yes, they do.

A bad idea from an internal perspective, maybe, but never from a
community perspective. The more populous we become, the more we'll
inject fear into the RH sales droids. But remember, we're not here
to /compete/ with their sales cuts

http://lwn.net/Articles/83360/ for reference

So yes, by the time we have the famous Fedora Foundation, we better have
a strong marketing arm ready to go.
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/
FUDCon II @ LinuxTag