Attention / Interest / Desire / Action, getfedora.org, or why marketing 'the Fedora project' is a bad idea.

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jun 23 17:50:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 12:48 -0500, Tom Adelstein wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 13:25 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > > If you want statistics, I can come up with them. I did this study and
> > > regardless of what you think of me - I know more about this that you do.
> > > You know squat and you can't put a community back together with your
> > > immature approach, regardless of how much you think you know and have
> > > experienced elsewhere.
> >
> > Why should we take your word for any of this?
>
> Don't. Because I really don't care if you do.
>

> > You're claiming to be an expert on it but what credentials can you
> > provide?
>
> If you don't know that, it proves my point as to the lack of information
> with which people on this list work.

I wasn't being snide or sarcastic. I thought you had decided to email
this list b/c you wanted to help. I don't like accepting claims about
data w/o seeing the data or at least w/o knowing the background of the
people making the claim. I work in a physics department, they get picky
about that sort of thing. :)

So, no, I don't know who you are but I admit to not knowing everyone.

So do you wanna tell me anymore about yourself and how you got your
data?

thanks,
-sv