Boston FUDCon 2006

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 20:08:10 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 19:27 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>What sort of moves? I am not sure about the entertainment value but it
>>would be informative. It might generate more interest and potential
>>contributors
>>

>Tighter integration with Fedora
>  * shipped repo file for Legacy in off state

I think we discussed this before but why does it needs to be off by
default?  When packages are available they will be higher versions that
core and updates repository. If the community trusts Fedora Core and
Extras, they can very well trust Fedora Legacy. The release notes can
mention its now available for default. If someone doesnt really want for
some odd reason that let them disable it themselves.

>  * Legacy info in release notes

Legacy just needs a beat writer. Preferably someone who is part of the
build team.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats

(snipping out the rest of the excellent ideas)

regards
Rahul