Re: Single CD Fedora distro

On 10/20/05, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk redhat com> wrote:
Actually, it's kinda the other way around.  Live CD is an ideal way to
play with a good package set that fits in about 700k, and knowing which
packages are the right ones is a large part of the battle.

That was going to be my suggestion. The LiveCD will have to have made a number of these choices, and ideally you could install from it (and add on packegs post-install). Making it both a LiveCD and single CD install. Sort of.

We'll never pick the right longer term sets of packages for everyone (or else we'd never have gotten to 4 discs in the first place), so they can YUM in whatever they need post install.

--jeremy