"CMC" moniker

As discussed in today's meeting we're continuing the discussion of what the Fedora "Community Marketing Contacts" should be called here on the mailing list.

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

I believe... that "CMC" must go (bad marketingspeak bad!). As mentioned by gdk in an earlier post, Fedora is many things. It's a distro, and it's a project. We're all about community - distro and project - not simply a finished "product". We're not marketing a product, which implies a monologue - we're building a community: we need a conversation.

I see the role of a "CMC" as three fold:

1. Inquire (hear first, if you wish to be heard - conduit of information from the peeps to the project - "We hear ya!") 2. Inform (conduit of information from inside the project to the outside: community and wider public)
3. Invite (It's all about participation - Our Motto: "We Make it Easy!")

I liked Colin's way of testing potential titles:

"yada yada yada..." says <insert name>, <insert title> of the Fedora Project.

...says XYZ, spokesperson for the Fedora Project
...says XYZ, ambassador of the Fedora Project / Fedora Foundation (i like that one, it's like something from Trek)

Suggestions so far (from today's meeting):

Ambassador
Spokesperson
Advocate
Evangelist