Re: Red Hat Establishes Fedora Mirror Site in China

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 08:51 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> David Barzilay wrote:
> > http://www.apac.redhat.com/news/article/346.html
>
> Is there any reason why http://www.fedoraproject.org.cn/ look like
> the
> old and ugly http://www.fedoraproject.org/, instead of the current
> layout?

>From what I can see, it just links back to the fp.o site.

Now, I have a few questions:

1. was RH ever going to ask/consult/tell us about
fedoraproject.org.cn /before/ its inception?

I find this lack of communication not positive

2. Is the content there going to be localised? Last I checked, RH
Beijing was hiring ~80 staff (earlier this year), so how important is
RHEL/Fedora there?

3. Competition from Sun Wah Linux and Red Flag linux (I think they're
now a fedora/chinese spinoff) is rife. Thoughts?

Regards
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/