Red Hat Establishes Fedora Mirror Site in China

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 06:39:43 UTC 2005

Hi

>Now, I have a few questions:
>
>1. was RH ever going to ask/consult/tell us about
>fedoraproject.org.cn /before/ its inception?
>
>I find this lack of communication not positive

Agreed.

>2. Is the content there going to be localised? Last I checked, RH
>Beijing was hiring ~80 staff (earlier this year), so how important is
>RHEL/Fedora there?
>

 >3. Competition from Sun Wah Linux and Red Flag linux (I think they're

>now a fedora/chinese spinoff) is rife. Thoughts?

Not many ideas but I will share some information. Miracle Corporation
(Japan) , Red Flag (China) and Haansoft (Korea) have formed
http://asianux.com. Its a  Red Hat Enterprise Linux spinoff with a
heavily themed Anaconda and a general Windows like look and feel. These
along with Turbolinux seem to be popular in this region.  SCIM input
method ( in rawhide) with a strong native language support should put
Fedora on par

Download

http://www.asianux.com/download.php

Some articles and screenshots