Re: The big What-Why-How

On 9/8/05, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc w smlintl com au> wrote:
> Yeah it does look like.  Giving examples is great making sure the
> creation of those cool/useful/fun uses needs to be explained as well.
> Which brings me to the point of how is istanbul going?  I've been
> chasing it for creating some little desktop movies.

istanbul is available in Fedora Extras development right now. It
requires a a plugin in gstreamer-plugins for the video source thats
not available in the gst-plugins in fc4.
Keep the framerate low and your desktopsize small and things work okay.
Adding an audio track is a big of a bear....

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting

-jef