Re: Fedora-marketing-list Digest, Vol 15, Issue 13

> Message: 15
> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:45:33 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora nicubunu ro>
> Subject: Re: [Fwd: The name of Breezy+1]
> To: Discussions on expanding the Fedora user base
> 	<fedora-marketing-list redhat com>

> > From:
> > Mark Shuttleworth <mark canonical com>
> >
> > It's 6.04 that will be up against Windows Vista, so let's make it a
> > zinger and give folks a real choice.
>
> What version of Fedora will be up against Windows Vista? Or we will not
> have such a thing? (I guess it will be in the FC6 timeframe)

IMO, Windows Vista is all about special effects than a better demonstration
of a well-coded system. There is a lot of discussion about lower performance
of OpenGL inside Windows Vista.
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/cgi_directory/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000001

 One has to wonder what specification Vista
will use to full render effects such as transparent windows and Avalon (very
similar to Project Looking Glass aond Metisse).

One Fedora will get the modular X.org, it will be interesting to see how
it will be possible to generate interesting effect by only using OpenGL
from software rendering.