Fedora Core 4 review: Educated new village boy!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 17:56:07 UTC 2005

On 9/15/05, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> We need to decide what goes above the fold for the release notes.  Is it
> worth hacking on the XSL to get the ToC moved down a bit?  We could then
> have really important stuff at the top:

Maybe you missed my point. I do not subscribe to the theory that "the
really important" stuff is garunteed to pull people in on a first
glance.   If its meant to be a reference document.. then ToC comes
first.  If its meant to be a grab your attention document...then
you'll add the appropriate eye-catching cleverness to sucker punch the
audience into reading the ToC as required.  Perhaps the National
Inquirer approach.. "Elvis's alien love-child wants YOU to help with
Fedora!"

-jef