Re: Fedora Core 4 review: Educated new village boy!

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 13:56 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 9/15/05, Karsten Wade <kwade redhat com> wrote:
> > We need to decide what goes above the fold for the release notes.  Is it
> > worth hacking on the XSL to get the ToC moved down a bit?  We could then
> > have really important stuff at the top:
> Maybe you missed my point. I do not subscribe to the theory that "the
> really important" stuff is garunteed to pull people in on a first
> glance.   If its meant to be a reference document.. then ToC comes
> first.  If its meant to be a grab your attention document...then
> you'll add the appropriate eye-catching cleverness to sucker punch the
> audience into reading the ToC as required.  Perhaps the National
> Inquirer approach.. "Elvis's alien love-child wants YOU to help with
> Fedora!"

At this point, not having the first thing they see be the legal
boilerplate is a major victory.

I understand where you are coming from, and sure, we can't get
everyone's attention without a TV commercial.

But a nice list of bullets that address very common problems or
introduce cool stuff, that's just plainly much better than what we've

Something like this at the top of the page:

It needs to be reworked to bring a list of items to the top.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide