Re: Meeting minutes - 16/09/2005

Karsten Wade wrote:
On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 17:03 -0300, Steven Garrity wrote:

Jesse Keating wrote:

Yeah, using a non-free font seems like a no-go for me.

While a free font would obviously be ideal, there just aren't many good ones (yet?).

Right, and there won't be unless people make them.  Seems like Fedora
Font Project might be a good idea. :)  I'm sure there are good font
designers interested in freeing some fonts.

Following the success of the Open Clip Art Library (http://openclipart.org), we planned to create a similar project for fonts, but this is still in incubation stage, with only a placeholder wiki so far (http://www.openfontlibrary.org), but definitely the intention is to push it in the future (we have to sort out first some internals of OCAL)

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats